Section 01. Formation, Shaping and Self-assembly of Inorganic Nanoparticles; Carbon Nanomaterials
This section includes all kind of carbon nanomaterials, formation mechanisms of inorganic nanoparticles, surface chemistry and stabilization, new physical and chemical preparation routes, shaping and self-assembly of nanoparticles of a different nature.
- Carbon nanomaterials: graphene, nanotubes, nanodiamond
- Non-carbon systems mimicking graphene; exfoliated 2D materials
- Non-carbon inorganic nanotubes
- Zero – to two dimensional inorganic nanoparticle design: growth mechanisms, shaping and new preparation techniques
- Engineering of multifunctional and Janus particles
- Nanopowders for industry
- Plasmonic nanoparticles and structures
- Preparation, structure, properties of SPION and other magnetic nanoparticles
- Quantum dots
- Self-assembled nanostructures with advanced functional properties
- Conjugated nanoparticles
- Nanoparticles and ecology
- Nanoparticles and nuclear energy
- Advanced characterization techniques
- Smart colloidal systems
- Professor Eugene A. Goodilin, Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia) – co-chairman
- Professor Yury Gogotsi, Drexel University (USA) – co-chairman
- Dr. Ekaterina A. Pomerantseva, Drexel University (USA)
Section Program Board
- Professor Yulia G. Gorbunova, Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia)
- Professor Vladimir K. Ivanov, Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia)
- Professor Stepan N. Kalmykov, Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- Professor Vladimir A. Korshun, Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia)
Professor Yury Gogotsi
, Drexel University (USA)
Title of lecture: "MXenes: A New Family of Two-Dimensional Materials"
Professor Paul S. Weiss
, University of California, Los Angeles (USA)
Title of lecture: "Cooperative Function in Atomically Precise Nanoscale Assemblies"
Professor Valeria Nicolosi
, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
Title of lecture: "Processing and Characterisation of Liquid-Phase Exfoliated Two-Dimensional Nanosheets: Towards Large Scale Production & Energy Storage Applications" - will be presented by Dr. Beatriz Mendoza Sanchez, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
Professor Carl V. Thompson
, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
Title of lecture: "Carpets of Vertically-Aligned Carbon Nanotubes and Nanofibers for Water Treatment and Li-Air Batteries"
Professor Alexander Sinitskii
, University of Nebraska - Lincoln (USA)
Title of lecture: "Synthetic Graphene Nanoribbons"
Professor Olga Shenderova
, International Technology Center (USA)
Title of lecture: "Nanodiamond Particles: Challenges and Opportunities"
Professor Ernesto Joselevich
, Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel)
Title of lecture: "Guided Nanowires: New Building Blocks for Self-Integrated Nanosystems"
Professor Mark C. Hersam
, Northwestern University (USA)
Title of lecture: "Functional Carbon Nanomaterial Heterostructures"
Professor Eugene Zubarev
, Rice University (USA)
Title of lecture: "Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Gold Nanorods and Nanowires"
Section invited speakers
Professor Jianhua Hao
, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong)
Title of lecture: "Synthesis, Optical Spectra and Luminescence of Metal-Ion Doped Inorganic Nanoparticles and Graphene-Based Hybrid Structures"
Dr. Ekaterina A. Pomerantseva
, Drexel University (USA)
Title of lecture: "Self-Assembled Tobacco Mosaic Virus as a High Surface Area Template for Electrochemical Energy Storage"
to be confirmed